Your home is your heaven, and decorating your heaven is quite a task. Among other things, picking the perfect flooring is an important and essential part of your design. The setting of a particular mood and atmosphere is dependent on how well the flooring highlights its surroundings. Flooring also is essential as it’s a one-time task for many; it is one of the long-standing things in your house for decades. One particular type of flooring that’s on the rise is laminate flooring, fit for houses in huge cities and such. Many are preferring laminate flooring in Sydney as it is a durable and economical option. With many showrooms of Laminate flooring in Sydney, it is important to know about its benefits and why you should invest in it.
What is Laminate flooring?
In simple terms, laminate flooring is a complex flooring material composed of multiple high-technology layers to make a whole. It’s fairly recent with a history of almost 50 years, praised by many for its ability to bring style and a feeling of preciousness to the environment of any home while also being tough for daily use. It’s mostly designed to look like wood, but variants are available. The kinds of laminate flooring are increasing daily, each type offering something different from the other. Though it had a bad reputation for its comparatively low price point, laminate flooring in Sydney has been on the rise now as the suitable alternative for wood, as a strong, attractive, and economical type of flooring.
What is Laminate Flooring Made of?
As mentioned earlier, Laminate flooring is layered on. The most common type consists of 3 layers, and they are:
1. A dense base of plywood serves as the lowermost layer to contribute to the plank’s strength and stability. It is alternatively changed for fibreboard too, but these bases are widely used in some of the best products.
2. The second layer counting from the bottom layer is the visible image layer, and its pattern is your flooring pattern. Technology has made them photo-realistic and finely fabricated. There are different variants to this, from replicating wood to stone.
3. The third layer is an extremely tough and reliable layer of protection, which retains comfort and hardness. This layer makes laminate flooring fit for all activities and sets a benchmark in durability.
Extra: A few types of laminate planks can also offer an extra protective layer at the bottom. This extra layer is responsible for resisting moisture in winter and promoting soundproofing in busy apartments. It is a choice that only certain products make, but this will ensure long-lasting support by your laminate flooring.
Advantages of Laminate Flooring
The high-quality features of laminate flooring make it difficult to choose the best, but here are some of its best advantages:
– It is the best choice of flooring for nuclear families or a family with growing kids, not only since it is easy to maintain but also because it is one of the most durable.
– Laminate flooring now also comes with waterproof protection, opening doors for us to use instead of actual wood flooring. They won’t get damp like wood in spaces such as kitchens or washrooms.
– Laminate planks let us choose from a wide range of natural and artificial-looking floors, essentially making it a more versatile flooring in comparison.
– It can provide you with extra moisture and sound resistance with an extra protective layer that other flooring may not provide.
– Based on comfort, laminate is one of the best floorings as it is easy to walk on and easy to clean with stain-resistant technology.
– It is one of the easiest floorings to install in these times; any half-skilled person can easily lay them down. Know every thing about vinyl siding and How to install Vinyl Siding in 15 easy steps.