SAP Business One Starter Package was devised to provide Micro, Small, & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and startups with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for automating their business activities. This ERP, running on-premise or in the cloud, provides business insights and comprehensive solutions to one to five users at an amazingly affordable price.
The software can streamline and simplify the business processes; for instance, manage the complete order-to-pay cycle with several other day-to-day business procedures. You just need to have bigger ambitions and sail smoothly with SAP Business One Starter Package in hand.
The Order-To-Pay Cycle
The order-to-pay cycle or the O2C is an umbrella concept that glues the ERP for purchase management and ERP for order management together. From the procurement of raw materials to pinpointing the target group of customers for sales- everything is taken care of by the ERP platform of SAP Business One Starter Pack.
Here’s an overview of how the Starter Package will manage right through the placement of your orders to the final payment:
- Step 1: Placing of an order
The cycle initiates with a customer placing an order or asking for the service your company provides.
SAP Business One Starter Package ensures there is no delay in submitting the order(s) and no time lapse in case of order re-entry.
- Step 2: Fulfilling the order
The second stage is marked by the preparation of shipment of the orders to the customer or scheduling a service appointment with them.
Starter Package directs the delivery team to collect the ordered goods from a single destination or warehouse. Something similar could be done if your company provides service. The software will fix an appointment of the customer with your service team.
- Step 3: Shipping the orders and invoice creation
Starter Pack alerts the customers about the shipment along with relevant tracking information. Now the customer knows by when the order is arriving. The software will generate an invoice if the payment is not cleared during the placement of the order.
- Step 4: Payment of invoice
The customer needs to make the payment against the dispatched invoice in this step.
Starter Package lets the customer choose from several payment methods such as credit and debit cards, electronic fund transfer, or even money orders in some cases. The ERP aims to let the customer make a comfortable choice.
- Step 5: Recording the payment
The end of the OTC cycle is marked by record keeping.
Starter Package records the details of the payment made by the customer against products or services in the general ledger system. These records serve as a future reference in case of the return of products or any dispute raised by the customer.
What Does SAP Business One Starter Pack Have In Store?
The next major question is, “Why SAP Business One Starter Pack?” Now we ask, WHY NOT! The software is a one-step solution for the challenges the MSMEs may face daily. Let us start by addressing the mechanisms of the Starter Package in handling the five fundamental factors of a business:
- Finance management: The three crucial factors are- margin analysis, error reduction, and strategic decision-making. SAP Business One Starter Package employs certain tools to address these three factors in one go. The tools consist of an asset management system, accounting facility, reconciliation features, etc.
- Integration of the business functions: SAP Business One Starter Package effectively integrates all the scattered business functions and presents a single source where all the business information is present. This eliminates the chances of duplication of information and reduces confusion.
- Purchase and inventory management: Apart from the easy propagation in the order-to-pay cycle, the user must monitor the cycle’s progress, including receipts and invoices generation, payments, and returns. The Starter Pack provides tools that enable the users to do just the same. The tools streamline procurement processes, integrate warehouse and accounting data, and generate reports with the help of real-time data.
- Real-time insight: SAP Business One Starter Package helps in the creation, customization, and generation of accurate reports based on available real-time data.
- Reporting and analytics: The major contribution of the Starter Package is to capture the critical data on a real-time basis and make a visual presentation out of the data for easy interpretation by the user. The processed data are shared company-wide through dashboards and analytical reports.
For smooth and effective business functioning, it is essential to break free from the never-ending affair of lengthy spreadsheets and report keeping. Uneecops, one of the eminent SAP partners in India, is bringing a change for MSMEs to keep growing their business in the right direction.