How Do I Study In The United States?
Choosing a university to study at in the United States as an international student might be a difficult task. Depending on the programme you want to study, there are hundreds of excellent US universities across the country with different admission criteria, English proficiency requirements, and in some cases, standardised exams like the SAT, ACT, GRE, or GMAT. EduBookings.com is here to help make this process easier and faster.
How can you choose the ideal university in the United States that meets all of your requirements? You could spend days researching university admissions standards only to discover you can’t afford the tuition, they don’t provide the bachelor’s or master’s degree you want, or you don’t meet their English language requirements. This is why EduBookings.com developed an online search engine for overseas students to assist them quickly choose the perfect university in the United States.
Where Do We Go From Here?
Now that you’ve decided which university in the United States you want to attend, you’ll need to start the application process, which is usually different for overseas students. This is one of the most difficult steps in your study abroad adventure. Here are some of our suggestions for overseas students looking to study in the United States:
- Make sure you apply to the university early enough. 6 to 8 months ahead to the start date is advised in most circumstances.
- Gather all of your documentation, including your passport, academic records, English proficiency exam results, and any ACT, SAT, GRE, or GMAT scores that the university may demand.
- Read everything there is to know about their application process.
- Make sure you meet all of the requirements for admission.
- Determine whether or not a credential evaluation is required.
- Submit your application along with any supporting materials.
Should I Seek The Help Of An Educational Agency?
Many students from around the world employ educational agents to assist them in study in USA or other parts of the world. Choosing the appropriate agent is critical since you are entrusting the future of your education to someone else. How do you know if the educational agent you choose is qualified? Many educational agencies only deal with language schools and have no experience working with US institutions, so how do you know if the agent you choose is qualified? Here are some things to look for when selecting an educational representative:
- Look for previous client evaluations on the company’s Facebook or Google pages, and read what they have to say about their services.
- Inquire about the agent’s certifications and attendance at educational conferences such as ICEF, NAFSA, and ALPHE.
- Ask a lot of questions regarding the programme you want to study; if the agent has dealt with US institutions before, he or she should be able to answer 99 percent of your inquiries.
- Inquire as to why the agent is promoting one university over the other.
- Inquire if they have a signed arrangement with the university where you want to study or the one where he/she is recommending you.
Visit here to get more information about: why study in USA
click here for more interesting articles