Indian Government has taken an initiative to provide “Housing for All” to the Low Income group (LIG), Middle-Income group (MIG), and the Economically weaker section (EWS) of the Indian society by the end of 2022.
Known as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, this scheme aims to offer affordable housing against the rising costs of Indian real estate sector. This scheme extends subsidies on the interest payment of housing loans, and helps individuals with repayment.
Aspiring homeowners can apply for this scheme online and use the PMAY list to check whether they have qualified for this scheme or not.
How to check your name in the Pradhan Mantri Yojana list?
This scheme applies to both rural and urban areas of India. Since this plan is segmented into two categories, applicants need to find their name based on their location.
- Following are the steps to check this list for ‘urban’ category –
Step 1: Firstly, individuals need to visit the official website of PMAY (U) and select “search beneficiary option” and further “search by name.”
Step 2: Individuals need to enter the first 3 characters of their name mentioned in their application form and click on the “show” option.
Step 3: Once selected, results will appear on the screen, and individuals can find their name and further details.
- Individuals falling under the Gramin category can check if they have qualified to receive subsidy on home loan interest under this scheme.
Step 1: Individuals need to visit the official website Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Step 2: They need to select “Stakeholders” name from the menu bar
Step 3: And lastly, candidates need to select beneficiary option
However, individuals need to provide the necessary documents to authenticate their eligibility. With such facilities and benefits, PMAY eases your way to become a homeowner.
Nonetheless, before moving ahead with the application process, individuals must learn the associated eligibility criteria to complete this process without any fail.
Eligibility parameters of PMAY housing scheme
The availability and subsidy amount on an interest rate depends on the income criteria of various categories. An individual needs to meet specific eligibility parameters to avail of the key benefits under the scheme. Following are the specifications –
- Candidates or their family members must not own a pucca house in any part of the country.
- The beneficiary or his family shouldn’t have received any assistance under any housing scheme provided by India’s Central or State Governments.
- Any house with a yearly income of up to Rs.18 lakh can avail of the scheme. The annual income of the spouse should be included during the application.
- The property must be located in and around the statutory towns as per the 2011 Census.
Reputed NBFCs allow individuals to bypass the hassle of meeting such stringent eligibility norms to avail a home loan. Also, the availability of pre-approved offers expedites and simplifies the loan application process. Such offers are also available on several financial products like home loans, loans against property and more. One can check their pre-approved offer by submitting their name and contact details.
The PMAY list allows individuals to check if they have qualified for the scheme within a few seconds, and they can apply for a credit accordingly.