Kratom has become popular across the globe due to its amazing medicinal effects. It is basically a psychoactive plant and known scientifically as Mitragyna Speciosa. The demand for this herb has increased to a great extent from the last decade. A large community is consuming kratom to deal with various medical issues including pain, insomnia, anxiety, and other similar things.
According to the research studies and regular users’ opinions, many people take Mitragyna Speciosa easily whereas some do not like to take it orally. The reason is its bitter taste. Are you one of those people who want to start a kratom journey but can not consume it? Don’t worry, there are a couple of ways that can help you mask the bitter effects of this herb thereby maintaining good quality and potency levels.
If taking kratom orally is not the thing you like, you can make its powder, capsules, and tea to get rid of its pungent taste. Moreover, you can add it into your food and beverages of your own choice as and when needed. The best thing is you can customize the taste as per your likings and making a DIY Mitragyna Speciosa tincture is the best option for you to go for. Taking kratom tincture is one of the most powerful ways of consuming kratom.
This guide will take you through how good it is to make a kratom tincture at home, which strain you should select, what ingredients you will be needing, and finally the whole process. Let’s take a deeper look into that.
Why Should You Make Your Own Tincture?
If you are a regular kratom user, you’ll be aware of the fact that powder and capsules suit you. What if I tell you the more powerful way of getting benefits from this herb? Let’s have a look at how kratom tincture can help you when made on your own.
The liquid products get absorbed by our body far better than any other form e.g., Kratom Capsules and powders. Kratom tincture is a highly concentrated liquid that’s why you should start it with smaller doses. The tincture made this way can be stored very easily wherever you want. Moreover, it gives you complete freedom to take it anywhere you want.
How Can I My Kratom Tincture?
The process of making your own tincture is based on multiple stages as listed below.
Which Strain Should I Choose to Make my Tincture?
An array of kratom strains are available in the market these days. From Bali Gold to White Maeng Da and Green Malay to Red Sumatra, you can choose any of them as per your preferences and taste.
The major equipment includes:
- Scale for measuring kratom powder
- Mason or Glass jar
- Tincture bottles
- Straining material
- pH scale
- Kratom powder
- Citric acid
- Ethyl alcohol
6-Step Easy Process
- Step 1: Take a precise amount of alcohol and Crazy Kratom powder. Put both of them into the jar and mix well. You can take up to 4 ounces of kratom powder for 1-liter of alcohol.
- Step 2: Put some citric acid into the mixture and measure its pH level using a pH scale. Keep on doing this process again and again until the pH becomes 4 or even less.
- Step 3: Appropriately seal your jar and start mixing for a few minutes. After this, find a cool and dark place and put your jar here. Make sure the jar is not exposed to direct sunlight and leave it for seven days.
- Step 4: After one week, start straining your mixture, shake it well, and open your jar. Cover this jar with a strainer and pour the liquid into the other glass. If there is some powder in the jar, remove it, and put your liquid back into that jar using a funnel.
- Step 5: If you want to get an extremely potent tincture, allow evaporating half of the liquid by covering your jar with the strainer.
Step 6: Congratulations! Your tincture is ready. Want to store it? Put it into a bottle and seal it securely for long-time usage.