Have you heard of scar creams? Well if you have active acne problem, stretch marks and any kind of scarring issue, you must have Googled scar creams at some point of time. A visit to the physician will also seem very tempting. Well, then let’s say a visit to the dermatologist is essential. It is a component of self-love and healing that no one must ignore.
Acne scars are the most stubborn scars that affects us all. It is like double punishment, as if just pimples wasn’t enough. We had to get scars and marks which need treatments for fading. Thankfully enough, modern medicine has several ways to fade such stubborn babies.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs)
The term AHA will seem familiar to many. Most of us have heard it in ads and other media channels. This is found in products that are used for acne treatments. They also remove dead skin cells and prevent clogged pores. Over time, they fade scars and they become less noticeable. Alpha hydroxy acids are suitable for all types of acne scars. AHAs are found in most scar cream available in the market and often in sunscreens.
- Lactic Acid – lactic acid is used by dermatologists in peeling treatments. This is put on the scar affected region either once a month or once in two weeks. Other acids are also used in peeling treatments. They help to fade scar, improve texture of the skin and controls pigmentation. This too is also suitable for all types of acnes.
- Retinoids – topical retinoids are used in scar smoothing products and treatments. They are known for cell regeneration, improving skin texture and fading scar over time. Most skin serums contain retinoids. Look for products that has retinoid as an active ingredient. The only disadvantage is that your skin becomes sensitive to the sun. Hence wearing sunscreens are a must! Retinoids are best suitable for Atrophic scars.
- Salicylic Acids – chances are that you have already used salicylic acid in the past. Nowadays almost all kinds of face washes, cleansers, night creams, moisturizers contain this ingredient. Salicylic acid clears pores, reduces redness and swelling and exfoliates the skin. Till now this is considered to the best ingredient for acne treatments, especially for scars. This is also used in chemical peels.
- Apart from the above mentioned ingredients you can also look for a combination of hydeoquinone, tretinoin and mometasone. The brand, no scars cream for womens contains hydroquinone, mometasone and tretinoin as its active ingredients. All three of them act as a skin lightening agent removing scars with frequent use.
No matter what product you use or what treatment you undergo, you will find more or less common ingredients in all. Although the internet will give you a brief of all these, please visit a dermatologist and purchase products taking his advice. Another thing that you always need to take care of is protecting your skin from the sun. Sun can cause considerable damage to skin, especially if your skin is a sensitive one!