Pav Bhaji is an Indian dish that originates from the state of Maharashtra, capable of making one’s mouth water. This savoury dish comprises a thick gravy of primarily tangy, salty flavors with abundant vegetables of all sorts mashed together and paired with pav or bun or bread. It tastes even better when chopped onions and lemon juice is added on top of it.
Follow the pav bhaji recipe stated below if you want to relish and savour pav bhaji’s heavenly taste.
Pav Bhaji Recipe Ingredients
Following is the recipe for the best pav bhaji one can taste and rejoice:
|One Teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|1-2 Green Chilies|
|One Tablespoon Ginger And Garlic Paste|
|3-4 Garlic Cloves|
|Two Medium Onions Chopped|
|Two Medium Chopped Tomatoes|
|Two Medium-Boiled Potatoes|
|Quarter Bottle Gourd|
|One Teaspoon Turmeric|
|Red Chilli Powder|
|Dry Coriander Powder|
|Black Pepper Powder|
|Pav Bhaji Masala|
|250 ml Water.|
More water can be added depending upon the thickness of the gravy.
The above ingredients are used for the preparation of pav bhaji. Further few more ingredients can be added for garnishing, like chopped onions, coriander leaves, and a dollop of butter.
Method for Preparation of the Best Pav Bhaji
|Method for Preparation|
|Step 1: On medium flame, put up a wok and pour two tablespoons of oil.|
|Step 2: Once the oil is heated, put cumin seeds and add green chilies.|
|Step 3: Add garlic|
|Step 4: Add chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.|
|Step 5: Add chopped tomatoes|
|Step 6: Add boiled and chopped potatoes.|
|Step 7: After a minute, add ginger garlic paste.|
|Step 8: Once the raw smell of ginger-garlic goes, add all the mentioned vegetables. You should pressure cook the vegetables up to 1-2 whistles depending on the tenderness of the vegetables before adding them to the wok. All the vegetables should be perfectly and finely chopped.|
|Step 9: Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the pan.|
|Step 10: Add coriander powder according to taste.|
|Step 11: Add mango powder according to taste.|
|Step 12: Add chilli powder depending upon how spicy you want.|
|Step 13: Add black pepper|
|Step 14: Add pav bhaji masala.|
|Step 15: Let the vegetables blend in and cook for|
|Step 16: Once the vegetables for your pav bhaji are cooked and soft, add salt to taste and mash everything by using a masher. Add water and salt at the end, cover the wok, and let the dish prepare itself on low flame.|
Nutritional Value of Pav Bhaji
- Potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that will provide you with energy and keep your glucose level in check for your regular activities.
- Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C which maintains immunity.
- Cauliflower is a good source of folate, which is essential for basic cell functioning.
- Carrots are infused with vitamin A and beta carotene, which keeps the risk of diabetes low in people.
- Cumin seeds aid in weight loss and have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
- Peas are a good source of Vitamin E, which is known to keep your skin healthy and young.
- Bottle Gourd is known to reduce stress, help with digestion, and provide a good night’s sleep.
- Turmeric, along with pepper, increases immunity and reduces the chance of Cancer.
- Onions are a rich source of sulfur, reducing cholesterol and keeping the heart healthy, thereby reducing the chances of a heart attack.
- Garlic cloves are rich in manganese, sulfur, and vitamin B6. It is low in calories but high in nutrition; its distinctive flavour and taste satiates the taste buds and helps in maintaining a good immunity level.
- Pav bhaji is good on the tongue and on the health, eat healthily, and stay healthy.
You can add water to the pav bhaji according to the consistency of your choice but remember not to make it too watery. The texture should be like thick gravy to make the best pav bhaji.
After the pan has been removed from the stove, add lemon juice to your pav bhaji.
Pair it with a pav or bun to enjoy one of the most delicious and fulfilling dishes.
Your pav bhaji will taste even better if you top it with chopped onions and a spoonful of butter but do so only if you’re not on a diet.
On a Final Note
Pav bhaji is a dish that can be consumed as a meal at any time of the day. It will keep both your stomach and tongue satisfied.
It is not only good for the taste buds, but it is also one of the most nutritious dishes served as street food. It is full of nutritious vegetables and there is no restriction on the number and type of vegetables that one can add to pav bhaji.
If someone is too health-conscious, they can have their pav bhaji with wheat buns or chapati.
The pav as mentioned above, bhaji recipe is one of the best pav bhaji recipes available.
Enjoy your day with this juicy and palatable dish.