Are you planning to bring a sweet little kitten to your home? If yes, you definitely have heard about the Siamese cat. These are one of the iconic breeds that are known for their intriguing look. However, before you bring this highly energetic species to home, you must have knowledge about their characteristics. Siamese is one of the ancient breeds that is known among the cat phonetics. With a striking feature, they are always able to attract cat lovers.
Some of the most striking features that a Siamese cat has include
- They are a playful and highly energetic breed.
- They would meow a lot to communicate with their owners.
- They can be a great companion and a bit to stay with you.
- They are great with children, along with other pets that you might have at home.
- Taking care of Siamese cats is very easy as they have short coats.
- They are an intelligent breed and can easily learn tricks in just a few activities.
However, you need to have much knowledge about the Siamese cat breed before you bring them home. So here we will find out more about them to make it easy for you to understand if you can put them or not.
History of Siamese cat
The Siamese cat is a breed that is full of different personalities and makes sure that you fall for her. They are very passionate about their owners and would always love to stay involved with them in everything they are doing.
The first time a Siamese cat was exported from Siam. This is currently known as Thailand. The first time they got exported was in the late 1800s. They have intriguing blue eyes along with an attractive coat of two layers. One can easily understand a Siamese cat from its look and personality. Siamese cats are also breeds that would prefer to talk in a low and loud pitched voice.
Of the many other breeds, Siamese cats are one of the social and extroverted breeds available on the market. They enjoy the company of people of different ages. They can easily get along with other dogs and cats. Since Siamese cats are a highly intelligent breed, you could not find a hard time making them learn some major tricks like walking, fighting, and opening cabinets.
Siamese cat health
We are aware that you are very much concerned about your cat and therefore you would like to take the best care of her. This is why we have summarized some of the major health concerns that are commonly observed in Siamese breeds. By knowing this, you will be able to take the proper precautions at the right time to eradicate the chances of any adverse condition.
Most of the health conditions and diseases that you observe in Siamese breeds are genetic disorders. This means that they are related to the breed itself. These are the conditions that happen due to some internal factor of the breed and therefore, irrespective of the breeder you choose, these risks will always prevail.
- Weight management: Obesity is one of the significant factors that can largely affect cat health and has huge death rates. Therefore, it is the need for the owners not to ignore the death rate and take the best measures. You must be vigilant enough to find the symptoms and take action as soon as possible. Always try to keep your pet active with the toys and by playing with them. This would make sure to have a healthier and happier pet.
- Dental issue: This is the second most commonly observed health issue in the Siamese cat. So you have to make sure that you take extra care of their teeth and make sure that they do not get into serious health problems. All you need to do is to remove the food residue to prevent some dental diseases.
- Other genetic disorders: Apart from this, there are different other genetic disorders that can be seen in Siamese cats which include Amyloidosis, Megaesophagus, Multiple Cancers, Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome, and many more.
So now that you have got some knowledge about this, we are sure it is time that you get in touch with Mummy Cat today. They can offer the best cat breeds to ensure you get the best cats. Check their cat price and visit them to bring a Siamese cat today.