Choose the Best Hearing Protection
Workaholics, aviation, and industrial workers know something very special about ear protection. It might seem trivial, but it becomes necessary to protect the eardrums from being torn apart when it comes to the fieldwork where the background infested with a loud noise. Concentration is the key to productive work in such surroundings. For that, earmuffs are used to avoid hearing impairment. They are mainly designed and popular as clothing accessories. In more complex situations, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protects the ear from loud noises and cold, damp surroundings.
Sound is measured in decibels (dB). Humans can hear in the range of 0-20 dB (normal) to 140 dB at most. Above 140 dB, the human ear suffers from sharp pain resulting in temporary to permanent hearing impairment and damage to the cochlear structure. It can also trigger psychological problems related to the nerves connected from the ear to the brain. Many sectors recommend their employees and workers to use earmuffs of decent quality in such work situations. This sound could be generated by heavy machinery, music concerts, power types of equipment, workplace sirens, and so on.
Ear Protection and Features
For loud environments, which have sounds 80 dB and above, require the use of ear protection devices such as earmuffs. They fall in the category of blocking that sound from reaching the eardrums directly. Thermoplastic headband reducing sound to below 85 dB, holds earmuffs foam to the ear while resting on the top of the head. Adjustable headbands to fit the various head sizes and shapes, whether worn on from the top or back of the head, are comfy. Some specialities and upgraded features are listed here.
- The acoustic foam as sound deadening material is used for the perfect ear defenders. These vary from partial sound blockers to maximum ranges of blocking.
- Hard helmet-like hat and attached face shield to the earmuffs for better head grip and comfort.
- Sometimes a combination of earphones and microphones is preferred by customers for advanced communication options.
- Earplug sets with earmuffs to enter the ear canal for more effective sound blocking ability. Custom-made earplugs offer ear protection at deeper levels. Earplugs alone are not that effective in reducing or blocking sound when compared to earmuffs. The latter fares much better than earplugs when considered separately.
- Multiple ear protection layers on earmuffs to increase the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR).
- Comfy, soft, and snug earmuffs for ears that do not turn the cartilage sore on prolonged shifts of work and wearing.
- Custom-made ones being personalized in their build lasts longer and are effective in their purpose.
- Bluetooth and FM AM Radio enabled ones to make work enjoyable. Even phone calls can be handled on these.
- Various foam and body colours to choose from. Go for the favourites when it comes to owning a pair.
Australia’s agriculture, aviation, energy, and utility industry have these as a staple product to be used to protect their workers. Certified of the Australian standard, these are the best to procure in case of such work situations. Iron ore, coal mining, fishing industries too include these in the essential work gears of their employees. Work done in a calm environment is manifold better goal-orientated than in extremely loud ones. They reduce the torture of loud noises to feeble ones to better employ the mind on the concerned task at hand.