As you age, you might observe changes in your physical appearance, such as grey hair and wrinkles. Although you might not be able to turn back time, you can take steps to slow down the ageing process. Well, there are different types of supplements attainable in the market, and marine collagen is more popular. You can attain this supplement in various forms, such as powder and capsules. Also, there is a wide range of flavours available. For instance, the marine collagen powder in citrus lime flavour can be added to your daily coffee or smoothies. This powder is dairy-free and appropriate for everyone. Apart from providing skin health, it is beneficial for hair and nails. Here is the list of benefits of consuming marine collagen powder.
- It reduces inflammation: Marine collagen in the hydrolysed form have antioxidant properties, which helps in reducing the reactive oxygen species in the entire body. This oxygen species is harmful and can lead to inflammation, tissue aging and a high cancer risk throughout the body. Antioxidants need to protect against the amassing of this oxygen species. In addition to this, they help improve the immune system. According to studies, after treating with marine collagen peptides, the levels of reactive oxygen species reduced tremendously. Hence, this study proves that you require to supplement with marine collagen to decrease inflammation.
- It improves joint health: Studies conducted have shown evidence that hydrolysed marine collagen helps treat osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. A study by Roland Moskowitz concluded that hydrolysed collagen is a therapeutic agent in treating osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Additionally, the high safety level of this collagen is helpful in the prolonged use or long-term use in such types of chronic disorders. A study conducted in 2006 also states that marine collagen is useful for patients with osteoarthritis. Due to such studies, you can easily conclude that marine collagen can promote joint health and help reduce cartilage pain.
- It is helpful in muscle building and post-recovery workouts: Creatine can aid in the increase of muscle mass and improve athletic performance and endurance. Glycine helps improve creatine levels to reduce muscle breakdown. In marine collagen, there is another amino acid with antioxidant properties or proline content that can eliminate pains associated with the cells’ damage. Also, it can reduce post-workout pain. If you consider buying whey or casein protein, you can opt for marine collagen instead. That’s because it is easier to digest, and you can purchase them in your favourite flavours. So, taking marine collagen powder in citrus lime flavour or any other flavour will help build muscles and not bother your tummy, unlike dairy-based supplements.
- It promotes quality sleep: One of the most abundant amino acids is glycine, which is present in marine collagen. Due to this amino acid, you can ensure quality sleep. The research concluded that ingesting glycine before bed maintained good levels of sleep quality. Additionally, it can maintain the body temperature that is linked to good sleep. Sometimes, a dip and spike in blood sugar levels can interfere with sleep. But consuming marine collagen supplements helps maintain the blood sugar levels since it consists of approximately 10 grams of protein in every serving.
- It promotes healthy hair, skin and nails: Marine collagen has a massive amount of amino acids such as glycine and proline when compared to other proteins. Proline and glycine are crucial in the growth of nails, skin and hair. A study of 2006 suggests that an increase in collagen intake provides healthy skin.
Marine collagen must be included in your daily routine and lifestyle. You can consume it in the morning, noon or night. It will surely provide a positive impact and create a massive difference in your health in the long term.