The best thing about the performance appraisal method like 360 Degree Appraisal is that it gives almost a complete picture of the employee’s performance. This appraisal method is hugely beneficial for both the employee and employers. But the problem arises with execution due to its complicated nature. Therefore, modern businesses are looking forward to performance management software to simplify and streamline tasks.
360 Degree performance appraisal fast forward your business’ success when you automate it with HR software!
What Is 360 Degree Performance Appraisal?
The 360-degree appraisal can be defined as an employee review process performed by anonymous persons but includes ratings and feedback from subordinates, coworkers, managers, and even clients sometimes. Typically around 8-12 people.
This process is unique as it gives insights into organisational leadership, overall company culture, and team functions.
Pros Of Opting 360 Degree Appraisals
- Provides a much broader perspective about the employee because it takes feedback from too many people belonging to all levels.
- A lot goes on the floor, which even the local management misses out on. If your only reports come from the management, you might miss out on a lot! This feedback technique takes into account all that goes missing.
- Peers know a lot more about the employee, such as general character, team spirit, leadership qualities, etc. 360 degree brings out those aspects.
- It helps them find direction in their career and get an idea of where their strengths and weaknesses lie.
Cons Of Opting 360 Degree Appraisals
- Its implementation is tricky. And without proper understanding, if it, it is best avoided! As it might do more harm than good.
- You need to ask the right questions at the right time and ask answers in a suitable format. Or the whole process breaks down.
- 360 degree is one tool in the whole toolbox. Do not entirely depend on it for your company’s success.
- This technique can sometimes tend to focus on the negative, which can be demoralising for your employees.
How Does Performance Management Software Make Feedback Easy?
360 Degree performance appraisal technique, however a very effective technique, involves too many forms! And what about collating them to form one feedback? And for all the employees!
It is here where performance management software steps in. Here is how the software can do to assure 360-degree feedback.
- Firstly, the admin needs to set the workflows, i.e., who will nominate whom and the minimum number of nominations for an employee.
- Once approved, the process is auto-initiated and the forms are sent and collected from all the nominees.
- This data is collated by the system and shared with the manager.
- The manager can now arrange for a 1-1 meeting and discuss the feedback and also craft a plan for overcoming the employee’s weaknesses.
Thus, comprehensive feedback can be assured.
The Benefits Of Using Performance Management Software For Feedback!
- It saves time, effort, and money!
- Performance management software is accurate.
- You can increase feedback frequency with software because it takes less time and effort.
- Automated workflows mean less mess and more ease.
- Unlike the unreliable paper forms, the software ensures the feedback is shared only with the manager and maintains secrecy.
- The process is more transparent with software as the nomination is done by the preset workflows and not by any ad-hoc methods.
360 Degree Appraisal is an excellent way for the employees to stay self-aware of their abilities. Also, it creates an environment of openness in the organisation as employees are more open to discussion and give-take feedback. All of which can help fast track your company on the road to success.
Performance Management Software plays a key role here as using software is probably the only efficient way to conduct 360 Degree appraisals continuously. For they are, as you know, a very task-intensive but effective feedback practice.