These types of large round rugs Australia are a great way of adding your personal touch and style to any room. This type of rug comes in different sizes, shapes, and materials. An area rug is generally used to cover the entire floor. Although they can come in different shapes, most are often rectangular. The rug can be placed on top of the tile floor if they have a non-slip backing, hardwood floors, or carpet. They can be used for sound absorption, decoration, insulation, and more. These modern rugs Melbourne is a great way to add warmth to a room.
If this is your first area rug, here are some tips to help keep it looking fresh and new. If you notice that the rug has a smell when you get it home, don’t worry as it will dissipate within a couple of weeks. The fresh air that is circulating through the room will help to get rid of the smell quicker.
- One of the first things you should do with your wool rugs Melbourne is to limit the amount of direct sunlight that hits the rug. The sunlight, over time, will start to fade the colors. If you want to put your rug where the sun hits it for an extended period of time, close the window using curtains or blinds during this time.
- Most area rugs are placed under the legs of heavy furniture so use rug protectors under the furniture legs to protect the rug.
- Every few months you should rotate your rug so you are not exposing the same areas all the time to the weight of the furniture and traffic patterns to help minimize wear.
- Once or twice a week you should vacuum these modern rugs Melbourne to remove any dirt. If the rug is walked on a lot, this dirt can get ground into the rug if not vacuumed regularly. If you have a pet, it is better to brush out the loose hair instead of trying to vacuum it out.
- When you have to do a spot clean or want to do a deep clean, make sure that the carpet cleaning solution you are using is safe for the type of materials your rug is made from.
- If you have a small area rug that can go in the washer, make sure that you check to see if it can be put into the dryer or needs to be hung outside to dry. To prevent it from becoming moldy or developing a bad smell, make sure that it is completely dry before you put it back on the floor.
When you take care of your area rug, it will last you for many years. If you are unsure about cleaning your area rug, hire a professional cleaner. It is not hard to take care of your area rug and will take minimal time. An area rug is a great investment and will add warmth and style to any room.