Perform QuickBooks File Doctor Download to Resolve QB Errors
The QuickBooks File Doctor is a feature-rich program that helps you open your company file and resolve a lot of errors. When you perform QuickBooks File Doctor and use it, its easy to get rid of many 6000 series errors, H202 error, and other networking problems associated with multi-user setup. The utility fixes the problems and gives you directions when you can resolve the errors independently. This article will explain to you the entire process of downloading the tool. You will also learn what to do when the File Doctor stops working.
QuickBooks File Doctor Download and Installation
It’s easy to download the File Doctor tool. Just follow the simple steps below.
- Close all QB-related applications running in your system.
- Now, download the File Doctor tool.
- The downloading process will start. After it ends, you’ll see a .exe file in your system.
- Open this file to access the install setup window.
- To begin the installation process, tap ‘Yes.’
- You will see some guidelines on this rule. Follow these guidelines and accept the terms and conditions.
- To finish, hit the ‘Finish‘ button.
What to Do When QuickBooks File Doctor Stops Working
Many users have reported instances of QuickBooks File Doctor not working. This problem commonly arises because of unsuccessful file restoration or when the files are corrupt or misplaced. Here are some troubleshooting guidelines to fix the problem.
Launch the tool manually
Sometimes, there might be a glitch in the command for launching the QB File Doctor. So, you can open the application manually.
- Firstly, launch the application but wait till you find the ‘No Company Open’ screen showing.
- Now, navigate to ‘File‘ and then to ‘Utilities.’
- Select ‘Repair file and network problems.’
- A dialog box will appear. Tap ‘OK.’
- QB File Doctor will restart the application with admin privileges.
- Tap ‘Yes‘ on the dialog box and now hit the wrench icon to open File Doctor.
- Click ‘Continue‘ and input your credentials to sign in to the company file.
- Use the ‘Advanced Settings’ option in File Doctor and choose ‘File Diagnosis Only.’
- Tap’ Next.’
- Now open your file when you are asked for it and check for any issues.
Switch off the hosting mode and modify the security software
Another good method to make QuickBooks File Doctor work efficiently is to turn off the hosting mode. After that, configure your antivirus software.
- Open the MacAfee software and select ‘Web & Email Protection.’
- Opt for firewall and choose ‘Ports and System Protection.’
- Choose ‘Add‘ and input ‘eMule‘ in the Services Name.
- Launch the local TCP/IP ports. Now input your QuickBooks TCP data.
- Choose all workstations below the option of ‘Open ports.’
- Save the changes and restart the system.
Employ Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is a great tool that restores corrupt QB files. Through it, you can make a duplicate .qbw file. You must restore a backup in the Auto Data Recovery folder to prevent any data loss afterward.
However, you can only use this feature to restore files if you use QuickBooks editions other than QuickBooks Accountant. Before using it, ensure that you have updated QuickBooks Desktop.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can take care of every minor to complex error. It is a must-have utility for every user who works with QB daily. Use the instructions in this article to carry out QuickBooks file Doctor download and troubleshoot common errors if it doesn’t work. To learn more about it, contact expert QuickBooks technical support services.