Benefits of Pursuing a Course in Game Designing
Before discussing the benefits, let look at the significant numbers for the gaming industry:
- As per the Researchandmarkets.com report released in September 2021, NASSCOM data estimates, gamers in India are spending an average of 42 minutes per day on mobile games
- As per KPMG:
- By the fiscal year 2025, the total Indian gaming market is expected to grow 113% to reach INR 290 billion ($3.91 billion) from INR 136 billion ($1.83 billion) in this fiscal year of 2021.
- The number of players is estimated to grow 52% and reach 657 million by 2025 from 433 million currently in 2021.
- The greatest growth will come from the online casual gaming segment in terms of revenues, which will reach INR 169 billion ($2.28 billion) in 2025 growing at 182% from INR 60 billion ($808 million) in 2021.
- The global gaming market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.64% to reach a value of USD 314.40 billion by 2026 from USD 173.70 billion in 2020
During these uncertain times, which have been brought upon us due to this Covid pandemic, Gaming is one of the few industries that is showing exciting times. And hence there is a need for qualified and innovative game designers in significant numbers globally.
In order to enlighten you about a course in game designing, we must first understand the field of game designing, skill requirements besides learning what it entails?
What is Game Designing?
Game Designing is conceptualizing, planning, and designing the architecture of the game. It entails:
- Use of technological and narrative skills to develop a storyline, design structure of the game, create characters, various levels, puzzles, scenarios, animation, and art, basically every element of the game.
- Conducting of feasibility study of the game concept through relevant research
- Knowledge about customer psychology so that game designers can create an immersive experience for the target audience. This will not only get them hooked on the game but also ensure repeat visits in addition to generating revenue besides referrals & affiliates
- Working with various departments involved in budgeting and financial planning, designing of music and sound effects, coding, programming, marketing, UI/UX designers, testers, developers, writers, etc.
- Make sure that the games are not only easy to maintain as well as expand but they should also easily lend themselves to the ever-evolving world and use of changing languages.
- Ensure that the developed games can be played across various formats and platforms including augmented reality or VR headsets etc.
- Passion for video games
- Creativity & Drawing skills to visualize innovative concepts
- Awareness about various gaming platforms & technologies
- Penchant for coding and graphics
- Attention to detail
- Networking & Interpersonal skills to be able to work with teams, departments & various stakeholders
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
People graduating from the game designing college in Delhi can work in the following capacities:
- Game Animators
- Game Artists
- Game Designers
- Game Audio Engineers
- Game Producers
- Game Writers
- Game Testers
- Creative Directors
- Game Programmers
- Game Marketer/PR
- Game System Designers
- Game Developer
- VFX artist
Why wait when you can now convert your hobby of playing video games into a lucrative career.