The Perth Mint’s ever-popular “Australian Lunar Coins” initiative, which began in 1996 and is now in its third cycle, is inspired by the interesting legendary background behind the Chinese lunar calendar‘s 12 animals.
The latest Perth Mint collections of the “Australian Lunar Coins” is the tiger proof quality coin series, as 2022 happens to be the year of the tiger in the Chinese calendar. The tiger is available in both gold and silver coin variants and celebrates The Year of the Tiger.
The year of the tiger: Why do you need proof coins?
As a result, in the 12-year lunar calendar, the tiger dominates every third year; before 2022, it was in 2010 and 1998. The majestic big cat’s return will be celebrated on February 1, 2022, as part of the Chinese New Year festivities.
Proof coins are famous for their excellence, fineness, and beauty worldwide. Series enthusiasts and people who celebrate Chinese New Year seek Lunar coins, and they’ll be ideal souvenirs for anyone born under the lunar tiger in 2022.
The pure gold coins portray a courageous tiger standing on a cliff, its jaws wide, revealing razor-sharp canines. At the same time, the silver coins represent a tiger cub following its proud and protective parent through rugged terrain. Also imprinted is the Perth Mint’s ‘P’ Mintmark.
Main features of the 2022 Tiger Lunar Coin:
This Australian Lunar Series coin, meticulously created from pure gold and silver in faultless proof grade, is the ideal purchase and present for anybody born under the Chinese lunar symbol of the tiger.
- 99.99 per cent pure gold and silver, proof grade
- Design for the Year of the Tiger in 2022
- Third of the Australian Lunar Series
- Legal in Australia
- You can celebrate the Chinese New Year with a coin of a stunning feature.
Apart from gold and silver, the coin is also available in silver gilded, platinum and opal variants.
A Shipment that comes with illustrations
Each release comes in a traditional display box with a clear cover and an illustrated shipper, along with a numbered certificate of authentication.
The resultant picture displays all 12 animals competing in The Great Race, a Chinese Traditional myth about the birth of the lunar calendar when linked with figures from the other 11 coins in the series.
Available forms of Tiger coins:
The Perth Mint coins portraying the tiger is available in several types
- Perth Mint 2022 Lunar Tiger Gold Coin â€“ 1/10oz
- Perth Mint 2022 Lunar Tiger Gold Coin â€“ 1/2 oz
- Perth Mint 2022 Lunar Tiger Silver Coin â€“ 1/2oz
- Perth Mint 2022 Lunar Tiger Silver Coin â€“ 1oz
- Perth Mint Australian Opal Lunar Series 2022 Tiger 1oz Silver Proof Coin
- Perth Mint Australian Lunar Series 2022 Year Tiger 1oz Platinum Proof Coin
- Perth Mint Australian Lunar Series 2022 Year Tiger 1oz Silver Gilded Coin (in capsule)
- Perth Mint Australian Lunar Series 2022 Year of the Tiger 2oz Silver Antiqued Coin
These extraordinary tiger coins are magnificent, as the mintage of each piece is exceedingly restricted.